Wednesday, August 11, 2010

O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A!

Happy Hump Day!
Oliver is 2 months old today! I can't believe it. It seems like only yesterday and forever ago all at the same time. I think I will probably stop referring to his age in weeks now. My mommy brain isn't going to be too quick at counting double digits here before too long.
So, this past weekend we took Oliver on his first road trip. Destination: Lawton, Oklahoma. Time in car without baby: Around 5.5 hours. Time in car with baby: About 7 hours. I blame you, Blackwell, OK! A shack on the edge of town does not a Dairy Queen make.
Anyways, aside from a 25-ish minute meltdown after stopping to eat in Blackwell, Oliver did really well in the car, considering he was strapped down like he was going on a NASA mission to space.
Nana Karen and Pa-Pa Ken were so happy to see us. Well, really happy to see Oliver, and happy we parents brought him there safely.
On Saturday, we had a fun get-together at cousin Prissy's house, and I got to see dear friends and family all at once. The O Man even let strangers hold him and was a perfect angel the whole time!
We then had a yummy birthday dinner for Pa-Pa at the world-famous (and by world, I mean Comanche County) Fisherman's Cove.
Sunday, we were back on the road with nary a meltdown to be heard.
A successful first road trip it was (but probably will not be trying a second one for a long time)! :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! I have the same pictures of traveling to Oklahoma! Glad you had a good first trip!

    ReplyDelete