Friday, August 27, 2010

Whew! Glad that's over (until Monday).

Oy
Well, it's been a heck of a week. Oliver got his first shots on Tuesday. Everything was going really well at the doctor's office until...I put his clothes back on after he had been stripped down for the usual measurements. He cried more about the onesie going over his head than he did for the actual needle poke! He is still long and lean, coming in at 11 lbs. 5 oz., and 24 in. He was quite sleepy for the rest of the day and the next, but is back to his usual not quite chipper (but almost) self today.
I started back to work full-time on Wednesday. It was kind of like going to a whole new job, as I switched departments and therefore have a whole new boss, team and product type that I work with now. I was so busy getting adjusted to my new gig that it actually helped me to not be a complete mess with missing my baby!
Nana Karen was Nanny Extraordinaire this week. I think Oliver pretty much had his way with her. She will definitely be ready for that cruise she and Pa-Pa Ken are taking next week.
Finally, I am back to looking forward to the weekends. Saturday is definitely not just another day anymore like it was during maternity leave. You better believe me and the kiddo are having some major quality time for the next two days!
Grammy and Grandpa Coles come on Sunday. Stay tuned for more Oliver shenanigans...

No comments:

Post a Comment