Monday, January 21, 2013

Christmas Part 2 and Beyond

Hi!
I am seriously slacking in the blog dept. lately and I apologize greatly for it! I would say that one of 2013's resolutions is to correct that, but that would be a lie. I have no resolutions. Just a few mental notes that are to "encourage" me to listen more, interrupt less, and enjoy the little moments instead of trying to multi-task the day away.
Anywhoo, we are now finally back into a routine of normalcy of sorts, although spontaneous renditions of "Jingle Bells" get belted out on a still very frequent basis. I have managed to upload some videos of Oliver opening presents from Santa on Christmas morning in Florida. Notice the amazing colors and decor of Grammy and Grandpa's wonderful home. I just love our time there. It's such a fun getaway from daily life back on the Kansas plains.
I know it's kind of dated information at this point, but just to sum up the 2012 Holiday Season for the Coles family, Nana and Papa came to spend the weekend before New Years and New Year's Eve and Day with Oliver. Matt and I traveled to his fraternity brother Rob's wedding (hooray! FINALLY!) :) and Oliver got to have fun playing in MORE snow at home with Nana and Papa. And, they brought him his first (and I doubt the last) green John Deere tractor. Oliver calls it his reindeer tractor, but whatev. He loves it and all things tractors. We will drive down to Oklahoma to experience country life with Nana and Papa here in a few weeks. Hopefully the weather will be nice enough for Oliver to get in some good drive time on Papa's big tractors.
There have been more highlights in the last couple of weeks but I have to organize my thoughts on what exactly is highlight-worthy to blog about!
We have all come down with the sniffles in the last 2 weeks. I am over snot like you wouldn't believe. Getting us all back to 100% and remaining that way is priority #1 for me. I'm turning into my mother with my research into homeopathic remedies and immune system boosters. I'll let you know if any of them work!

Airplane Ollie! A good flyer all-in-all. However, now obsessed with iPad.

Oliver notices that the cookies and milk left for Santa are "all gone".

Oliver opens the present he asked Santa for.

1 comment:

  1. Love the wording you use in yourr blog
    You need to write articles or at the very least, books!

    ReplyDelete