Thursday, December 15, 2011

Meeting Santa (or not)...

So, last Friday was my work Holiday Party in Topeka. It was a family thing so I bundled the troops up and we all made the 30 minute drive to show them off to my envious co-workers. (I do have the cutest family).
Santa was there! There were tons of kids and it seemed like the line was forever long so we waited until everyone else had sat on Santa's lap before taking Oliver up. He was very interested in what was going on and who the guy in red was, until we forced him to get up close and personal. Oliver said, "Hmm, I don't think so" (in the form of an ear-splitting yell) and high-tailed it out of there. 
The pictures below capture the duck-n-run escape in chronological order. The first pic barely managed to get snapped, and I had to position myself as a solid barricade between O & Santa. There were no major tears shed though, so it could definitely have been worse! There will be another chance this Saturday to meet the big guy, so we'll hope round 2 is a little more successful.


No comments:

Post a Comment