Monday, March 19, 2012

Logistics overload!

Whew! I finally have a moment to sit and recap the past week or two. We have been crazy busy. I had to go to Chicago for work (Housewares Tradeshow) on March 9th and was going to be gone through that next Monday. Well, Chicago is really close to Indiana, so Matt had an idea to take Oliver to see his whole extended family in two different parts of Indiana at the same time I was going to be gone. Now, I sort of thought he was crazy for suggesting a plane trip as solo parent with a 21 month old, and was crossing everything I could that the flight and trip as a whole would go okay. I was a mess being away from my boys for so long. My heart goes out to all those with families who have to travel often for work. I don't think I could do it!
Anywhoo, Oliver had a fantastic time in Indiana. First up, Matt & O met Grammy Melanie and Grampa Jerry at the airport, and then they all headed up to Union City to visist the Mangas clan. From what I hear, Oliver had a blast hamming it up in front of all of the cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents and great grandma. He amazed everyone with his eating prowess, was a great sleeper, and an all around "joy"! I am so sad I missed it, but the pictures Matt sent kept me updated on the fun and made me feel a little like I was there.
On Monday, Matt, Oliver, and the Grandparents started the second half of their trip. They dropped Matt off with another rental car in Indianapolis, and he drove up to Chicago to spend the night with moi. I would love to say it was b/c he missed me so much and couldn't stand the thought of another day without me, but I also know how much he loves and misses Chicago so I'm sure that factored into the plan a little bit. ;)
Our anniversary was on Tuesday, so we celebrated early on Monday with a jaunt through the Field Museum followed by a tasty romantic dinner (just so happened bottles of wine were 1/2 price on Mondays at Wildfire :).
On Tuesday, we headed back south and drove to Columbus to meet up with the Coles side of the family. I was beyond happy to be reunited with my little man. O was definitely happy to see me. But, also equally happy to chase Banjo around the room for the 87th time on the trip. It was great to see Aunt Jenny, more cousins and aunts & uncles and another GG (Great Grandma)! We are very blessed to have so much family who are all wonderful, caring, happy people to spend time with. Thanks to all for the hospitality and patience in having the Coles men around for a few days!
Here are some pics from Oliver's adventure. He got to experience lots of extended family and Uncle Everett and Aunt Emmy's pond. There is also a video of GG Coles reading Oliver's favorite bedtime book - "How Do Dinosours Say Goodnight?"


No comments:

Post a Comment