Friday, March 2, 2012

I Pity The Potty

Last night we went to a potty training workshop hosted by our daycare. All of the toddler room parents were invited, and not ones wanting to be branded bad parents for not attending, we went. The topic of potty training had not entered anywhere near the realm of consciousness for me, so this was kind of a rude awakening. Now, Oliver is 20 months, which is still early, but daycare will actively start his potty training when he turns 2.
The discussion was very helpful - we learned about how potty training underwear are the most expensive things next to a college education, and that we will want to throw our hands in the air and give up many times during the ordeal. Can't wait! :)
Seriously, though, our daycare is fantastic at what they do, and I am so thankful for all of the tips shared that I will hopefully remember when we start the process. Already, Oliver is showing some signs of potty interest. He asks to sit on the potty - and then immediately wants off as soon as we set him on there. Hey, you've got to start somewhere.
So, until the day Oliver turns 2 (unless there are more signs of real interest on his part), I am going to enjoy babying my baby and getting more comfortable with having daily conversations about bodily functions.
Happy Weekend!
I leave you with one of the top 5 funniest photos of Oliver you will ever see. He will hate me for this one day. I did at least blur out body parts that could end up on the wrong sort of blog sites. ;)

1 comment: