Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Finally, February!

Hear that?
It's the sound of an intense sigh of relief. January was the worst month on record for the Coles household, medically speaking.
Between colds, flus, ear infections, bronchitis, we have experienced our annual share of illness all in the first month of 2013!!!! Special thanks to Grammy and Grandpa who were unlucky enough to be here when Oliver came down with the flu.

Praying for health to take hold and stay there!

February did start quite nicely, thank goodness. Charlie Griffith's 3rd birthday party was a hit, and OSU beat KU in basketball on the same day! Unexpected bonus that I will definitely take, thank you very much. Sorry, Jayhawks. I am allowed to be a Poke fan on days we play you. It's a written law somewhere, I'm pretty sure.
Batman theme! There is lots of talk about Batman and Spiderman at our house these days. We're not really sure whether they are good guys or bad guys, though. It changes on an hourly basis.

January did have some highlights, such as taking Oliver to see Sesame Street Live! at the Sprint Center in KC. He loved it! Then, he got to eat lunch at T-Rex Cafe with all of his friends. It's his favorite restaurant, surprise, surprise. This trip was a good warm up for Yo Gabba Gabba Live! which we will be taking him to see here at the end of February. Unfortunately, he has already gotten wind of this next performance, and every morning when he wakes up, he tells me he is ready to go see DJ Lance. Patience, kid! I know, I know, exclamation points out the wahzoo on this paragraph. :)
Charlie, Samantha Whaley and Oliver. 1 for 3 on smiles. 

Oliver and Mia Kenkel digging for dino bones at T Rex. They maybe lost our reservation for 20 people. It was a long, late lunch, but the kids were troopers.

This weekend we will be making the long drive down to my parents' house. Lawton, are you ready for us? I'm not sure we are for you, but we're coming all the same! Fingers crossed it's nice enough outside for Oliver to get in lots of rides on "Herbie", Paw Paw's tractor extraordinaire! (Note, I'm aware that I am not consistent on my spelling of Pawpaw. Is it Paw Paw? Pa Pa? Papa? Pawpaw? Pa-Pa? Paw-Paw? I could go on, but sense you see my confusion on this subject. Perhaps he who cannot be named will shed some light on this issue this weekend.)

Ciao for now! Or as Oliver is fond of saying these days, "See you later, allie-gater."


No comments:

Post a Comment