Monday, January 25, 2010

19 Weeks

Almost 5 months! 
According to the reading, BC (Baby Coles will now be referenced by initials only until a proper name has been picked!) is now the size of a large heirloom tomato. Now I must not have come into contact with many heirloom tomatoes in my life  b/c I would think a bell pepper (Week 18) is bigger than a tomato. But what do I know? See, this blog is educating all of us on the wide varieties of produce the world has to offer. Pick some up at your local farmers' market today!

Eyes up here, buddy! (but not really)
Just in the last few days, I have noticed that people are often-times looking at my belly first when I see them instead of the usual eye contact before a "hello". Anyone else notice this habit of others when you were pregnant? I don't mind it. In my head at least, it means people realize I am truly pregnant, instead of just letting myself go a little. :) Now I can sort of relate to how women who are blessed with certain larger-than-average, um, "assets", go through life dealing with attention.


Daily Soapbox Time!
It wouldn't be a true blog entry if I didn't put on my preacher hat for a minute. I ran across this interesting article about the high expectations in today's society/media about the length of time (or lack thereof) losing the "baby weight" should take a new mother. Case in point:  Kourtney Kardashian's recent picture in a magazine was airbrushed to make it look as though she has already shed her pregnancy pounds - a mere 5 weeks after giving birth! Now, I secretly love all things Kardashian, and I pity poor Kourtney for clearly not living up to the outrageous standard we are all setting for ourselves. Anyways, give it a read if you're bored.
/http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-01-23/the-post-pregnancy-weight-loss-


It's a Bird. It's a Plane. It's a....
Okay, not long now. Next Tuesday we have our sonogram to hopefully find out whether BC is a he or a she. Cross your fingers BC is not shy!

No comments:

Post a Comment