Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Simmer down now!

Hey look! It's a Wednesday morning and I'm updating the blog. What up with that? Well, let me fill you in on the latest and greatest of BC's journey into the world.
My "nuisance contractions" (doctor's words) are still keepin' on keepin' on, although the drugs help slow them down. We went in to the doctor yesterday for our regularly scheduled 2 week appointment. We had a sonogram first, and BC is looking good! He's quite a bit bigger than the 20 week sono pictures, so I had a really hard time picking out which body part was which this time. Matt was freakishly good at it. We got a great printout pic of his face close up so I will be sure to post that soon (I now have time to actually learn how our scanner works!).
So, after the sono, we talked to the doctor. Apparently, the ultrasound showed the baby is down into position, and BC's head is maybe a little too close for comfort down there. I believe the word "effacement" was used. Yikes!
That means, effective immediately - as of yesterday - I am on bedrest from work. That also means I am unable to travel. I was supposed to have a baby shower in Lawton this Saturday and am super duper bummed that we have to cancel it. I was so looking forward to catching up with family and friends that I have not seen in a really long time. Sigh. Well, it just goes to show life is what happens when you are busy making plans! If this will help BC take a little more time before getting the party started, then so be it.
Maybe he just isn't a fan of his June birthstone????
And because a blog update really isn't all that interesting without a picture, here is a pic of the beautiful Wichita Mountains, one of the oldest mountain chains in the country, and found just a short drive from lovely Lawton, OK. Go visit today!

No comments:

Post a Comment